The Button Manager allows you to scan your documents directly to the designated software application, with a simple touch of the scanner button.
Important: before you install the Button Manager, make sure to install the Readiris version that was delivered with your package first. Then install the scanner driver and other software applications before connecting the scanner to the computer.
- Insert the IRIScan disc in the DVD-ROM drive of your computer.
- Or download the IRIScan Pro 3 Cloud package from www.irislink.com/downloadcenter.
- Run the setup.exe file from the disc or the download location.
- Click Readiris Corporate 14 to install Readiris.
- Click IRIScan Pro 3 Cloud Driver to install the driver.
Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Return to the setup menu and install the Button Manager and the other software applications.
Again follow the on-screen instructions.
Note: all license numbers required to activate the software can be found on the license sheet included in the box.
- Connect the scanner to your computer and power the scanner on.
- Start the Button Manager from the All Programs list.
- The Button Manager appears in the bottom right corner of the screen.
Notice that the first 3 buttons are preconfigured. Right-click them to view their properties. You can configure up to 9 buttons to scan your documents to your favorite output formats and applications.
In this topic we explain how to configure a blank button to scan to Readiris 14.
Configure the Button Manager to scan to Readiris 14
- Right-click a blank button.
- In the Button Properties window, click Add/Delete.
- In the new window, click the Add button at the bottom.
- Click Browse to browse and select the Readiris application.
By default you find it in C:\Program Files\Readiris Corporate 14.
- Name the application. E.g. Readiris.
- Select a file format supported by the application, then click OK.
Important: to scan multiple pages into a single file, select Tagged Information File (.TIF).
- Select Readiris, and click the Add button in the middle of the window.
- Add a configuration.
- Select a color mode and resolution, and click OK.
Tip: a resolution between 300 and 600 dpi is recommended.
- To scan multiple pages to a single file, click the Options tab. Then select Multi-page. (This is only available when you selected .TIF as file format).
- Click Apply to save the settings.
- The configured button is now ready for use.
- Click it to scan to Readiris.
- Or turn the power knob to number 4. Then press Scan on the scanner to scan directly to Readiris.