Setup - Scanner
- On first use charge the scanner by plugging in a USB cable to a computer or preferably a USB wall adapter commonly packaged with cell phones.
- Insert the microSD card with the copper contacts facing up.
- Turn on the scanner by pressing and holding the center Scan | Power | Select button.
- Use the DPI button to set resolution to 300 – 600 -1200 DPI.
- Use the JPG-PDF button to select the desired format.
- Use the Settings – Trash button to set other options.
♦ The DPI button is used to scroll up.
♦ The JPG-PDF button is used to scroll down.
♦ The Scan | Power | Select button is used to select.
Software and Guide
Setup – Readiris 16
To get the software click on the link and save it to your computer. When the download is complete look for it in your downloads folder and double click on the file to start the installation.
Readiris for IRIScan Book 5 WiFi
- To activate the software plug the scanner into the computer and wait till you see the computer icon appear on the scanners screen.
- Start the Readiris software and it should detect the scanner and self activate.
How to scan
- Position the scanner at the top of the page and press and release the scan button.
- Move the scanner down the page and press the scan button to end the scan. The on screen counter will increment up by one.
- It is not possible to start a scan from within the Readiris or any other software.
How to access the scans
- Attach the scanner to the computer with the USB cable and the screen will change to a picture of a monitor. The scanner will be seen as attached storage like a USB flash drive so a drive icon will appear on your desktop.
- Remove the microSD from the scanner and use the adapter to plug it into the SD card slot of your computer if you have one.
- From the Readiris software attach the scanner with the USB cable as in step 1 and then use the steps below.
- Wi-Fi - Press the left most button with the broadcast line to turn on the Wi-Fi.
a. It will flash red and then turn solid green when ready.
b. Open the Windows Wi-Fi dialog and connect to the IRIScan Book- xxxx.
c. Use this password, 12345678.
d. Open a web browser and type in this IP address 10.10.1.1 and press enter.
e. This will open a page where you can view/download the files.
Process in Readiris
- Turn on the scanner and plug it in with the USB cable. The screen with change to picture of a monitor.
- Start the Readiris software and it will detect the scanner and open a window for you to select the files.
a. To select all the images - Single click on the first image then hold down the shift key and select the last.
b. To select some of the images - Single click on the first image then hold down the Ctrl key and select the desired images.
♦ To remove the images from the scanner check the box at the bottom for Delete scans after recognition.
- Select output format and options by clicking on the down arrow. If you don't see what you want click on "Other". There will be choices for Word, Excel etc.
- ♦ For PDF use Adobe Acrobat PDF Searchable Image (*.PDF).
- ♦ For Word use DOCX or DOC.
- Click the desired Format button to process to an output file.