On a Windows PC the IRIScan Pro 3 Wifi can be used as Twain scanner, meaning you can use it to scan directly from software applications such as Readiris and Cardiris.
Important: make sure you have installed the scanner's Twain driver.
- Connect the scanner to your computer using the USB cable.
- Power on the scanner.
- Press the SD/PC/Wifi button once.
PC is now displayed on the LCD-display.
- Load your documents into the scanner.
Scanning Documents in Readiris 14
- Start Readiris.
When you start Readiris for the first time you are asked to activate it. Click Yes and enter the Activation code you find on the label inside the DVD box. Then click OK.
Note that an internet connection is required to do the activation.
- Click the down arrow below Scan, and click Settings.
- Click Configure to select the Twain source.
- Select IRIScan Pro Wifi 6.0 from the list, and click Select.
If the IRIScan is not listed here, it means the driver has not been installed correctly.
- Click Scanner Model and select IRIScan Pro 3 Wifi.
You can now configure the scanner settings in the Readiris dialog box.
Or select IRIScan Pro 3 Wifi (User Interface). In that case the Scanner Properties dialog opens before scanning. In that window you can configure advanced scanner settings. See section 4.4 of the IRIScan Pro 3 Wifi User Guide for more information.
- Click OK to close the scanner settings.
- Then click Scan inside Readiris to scan your documents.
Scanning Documents in Cardiris 5
- To start Cardiris for the first time, right-click the Cardiris shortcut on the Desktop and click Run as Administrator.
- In the main toolbar click Settings > Scanner.
- Select IRIScan Pro Wifi and click Next.
- Then click Scan inside Cardiris to scan your documents.