With InstantResult you can use the IRIScan Book 5 Wifi even without microSD card. You simply connect it to a Windows PC using the included micro USB cable.
More importantly, you can:
- convert your scanned documents into editable text.
- perform editing actions such as image rotation, cropping, etc.
- save them as non-editable (image files) or editable files (Word, PDF, etc.).
Scanning with InstantResult
- Download the application from www.irislink.com/start.
If you need help, consult the installation topic.
- Connect the IRIScan Book 5 Wifi to your Windows PC using the included micro USB cable.
- Press the Scan/Power/Enter button for 2 seconds to power on the scanner.
Make sure the following icon appears on the display:
- Start InstantResult from the Windows Start menu.
- Click the Settings button.
- Click the OCR tab, select the required languages and click OK. You can select up to 8 languages.
- Place the scanner at the top of the document to scan.
- Press the Scan/Power/Enter button once. The word Scan appears on the display.
- Slide the scanner slowly and steadily over the page.
Your scanned image is instantly displayed in the InstantResult screen.
- When you have reached the bottom of the page, press the Scan/Power/Enter button again to stop scanning.
Editing the scanned image
The scanned image can be edited using the buttons of the editing toolbar.
Tip: you can also import existing images by clicking the import button (at the far right of the editing toolbar). The following image formats are supported: .TIF, .TIFF, .JPG, .JPEG, .BMP, .PNG, .J2K, .J2C. Note that multi-page files and PDFs are not supported with this button.
Saving the scanned files
|Save your scanned image as a .JPG or .BMP image file.
|Save your recognized scanned image as a .DOCX, .PDF, .XLSX or .TXT file.
|Save your recognized scanned image as a .PDF file.
|Save your recognized scanned image as a .DOCX file.
|Copy both images and recognized text from your scanned image to the Clipboard. You can then paste them elsewhere.
|Copy only the recognized text from your scanned image to the Clipboard. You can then paste it elsewhere.
|Print your scanned image.
Once you've transferred your documents to your computer, they can be processed with Readiris Pro. For information on how to process your documents with Readiris Pro see the complete User Guide on www.irislink.com/support.