We are happy to announce that the new IRIScan Desk software is now available online.
List of the bugs that have been fixed:
- Scanner detection issue: On some computer, the scanner was not detected by the software even though Windows could see it in the Device Manager.
- A blue wheel was appearing when starting the software: It appears that if the user had previously changed the language of Windows, the software was not launching correctly.
- Some antivirus software were blocking the camera access (Kaspersky, BitDefender, ...).
- Some users were facing a software crash when running the software for the first time on Windows 7 and 8.1.
- Video were crashing when using the "Picture in Picture" mode.
- Fix a crash with Twain user interface.
Improvements added to the software:
- We have added a "Adjust Quality" feature. It allows you to change exposure, brightness, white balance, etc.
- OCR quality has been improved on the document.
- The exporting speed of the Book mode has been improved.
- The serial number of the device appears now in "About > Scanner" menu.
- The default OCR language is now the same as the Windows language.
- Improved Twain compatibility with Windows 10 build 1903.
- Cardiris has been added to the software pack and is now fully compatible (Pro version only).
- Twain user interface is now available in multiple languages.
Safe procedure to install the software update on your computer:
- Go to the Control Panel > Uninstall a program and select IRIScan Desk 5 to uninstall it. This step is mandatory. If you have a previous version installed, you need to uninstall it will not work correctly.
- Once it's done, download and install the software update corresponding to your scanner model (mandatory) via one of this link:
- Double click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Make sure to install the IRIScan Desk 5 software first THEN the Twain driver.
- Restart your computer.
- Start using your IRIScan Desk.
Should you have any question, feel free to submit a ticket.