First know that you will not be able to start a scan with the supplied Readiris/Cardiris or any other software because that is not how the product has been designed to work. It is what makes the scanner completely portable without requiring a computer to operate. Instead everything you scan will be saved on the micro SD card plugged into the side of the scanner.
- Insert the micro SD into the back of the scanner.
- Press and hold the Enter button on the scanner to power it on.Tap the Gear icon to enter the Scanner Settings.
- Tap Enter to Select and up/down arrows to scroll.
- Select the scan format by pressing the up arrow (JPG/PDF) and resolution (300, 600 900 dpi) by pressing the down arrow.
- Feed your pages face up into the front of the scanner one right after another.
- Unplug the micro SD from the scanner and use the adapter to plug it into an SD slot on your computer.
- Leave the micro SD plugged into the scanner and plug the scanner itself into the computer with the USB cable. Press the Enter button so the screen displays the USB icon. The scanner will be seen as removable storage like a USB flash drive. You should see a drive icon appear on your desktop.
- Wi-Fi - With the scanner unplugged and turned on press and hold the Wi-Fi gear icon on the scanner.
a. The screen will display "Starting" then "Ready".
b. Open the Windows Wi-Fi dialog and choose the IRIScan. When asked for a password use; 123456789
c. Open your web browser and type 192.168.1.2 in the address bar to access the images store on the scanner.Software
The IRIScan Anywhere 5 product comes with this software.
- Readiris - The purpose of the program is to convert a scanned or preexisting image/PDF into a Word, Excel or searchable PDF document depending on the nature of the document and your goal for it.
- Cardiris - Process business cards to an internal contact manager or export to Outlook or other contact managers.
Everything you scan is stored on the micro SD card plugged into the back of the scanner. When ready you can process/combine the files in the Readiris/Cardiris software in any of these ways. Using methods 1 or 2, when you start Readiris/Cardiris it will detect the SD or scanner and open a window where you can select the files you want to work with.
- To select some of the images - Single click on the first image then hold down the Apple (Command) key and select the desired images.
- To select all the images - Single click on the first image then hold down the shift key and select the last.
Process with Readiris
Once your scan or image is in Readiris you should be able to process with one of the available formats and save it with your file name to any location on the Hard Drive.
- Select the format you want on the top toolbar, if you don't see it click the down arrow on the end of the format bar and choose "Show..."
Here is an annotated listing of the formats and appropriate programs.
PDF - Adobe Acrobat or Preview HTML - Web page or Excel (all versions) DOCX - Microsoft Word 2011 + Pages XLSX - Microsoft Excel 2011 ODT - Open Office or Libre Office TXT - TextEdit or other text editor RTF - Microsoft Word 2004
TIFF- Image file; JPEG, JPEG 2000, Photoshop, PNG & TIFF
- Go back to the down arrow and choose "Edit." Select the program you want it to open in and check the box for "Ask file name and location."
- Click on Save to process.