Both the Readiris Pro and Corporate you can recognize barcodes. However only in the Corporate version can barcodes be used to separate documents in a batch.
Note: Readiris supports most widespread 2D barcodes. Readiris supports laser printed and inkjet printed barcodes.
To define which barcodes Readiris should recognize:
- Click the Readiris button, and then click Advanced Settings.
- Click the Barcodes tab.
- Select the barcode types you want Readiris to recognize.
Important note: Readiris Corporate automatically recognizes barcodes to separate documents, but the barcodes zones themselves are not recognized as barcodes. In most cases, they are recognized as images.
Recognizing barcodes manually:
- Scan or Open your document.
- Click the Zones tab.
- Click the Barcode icon and draw a frame around the barcode.
- OR right-click the barcode zones that are incorrectly recognized as image, then point to Zone > Type and select Barcode
- Then click Start to save or send your document..
Recognizing a particular barcode
In case you need to use the content of a particular barcode:
- Draw a barcode zone around the barcode.
- Then right-click inside the zone and click Copy as Data.
The content of the zone is copied to the Clipboard. You can now paste it in other applications.