Readiris uses special recognition routines to process digital camera images. Make sure the Digital Camera option is activated when processing such images.
The Digital Camera option can be activated both in the Scanner settings and the From File options.
In the Scanner Settings:
- First of all, turn on your digital camera and connect it to your computer with a usb cable.
- In Readiris, click the down arrow beneath the Scan button, then click Settings.
- Click Scanner Model and select <Twain><Other models> from the list.
- Then click Configure and select your camera's Twain driver.
♦ Note: if you don't see your driver in the Select Source list, this means the driver has not been installed correctly or your camera does not have a Twain driver. Consult your camera's documentation if necessary.
♦ Tip: if you don't have a Twain driver, you can always open your camera images From File.
- Return to the Scanner Settings window and select the Digital Camera option.
- When you click Scan in Readiris your camera will now make a scan.
In the From File options:
- Turn on your digital camera and connect it to your computer with a usb cable.
- In Readiris, click From File.
- Select the Digital Camera option.
- Browse for your digital camera's memory and select the files you want to open.
Note: after you have scanned or opened digital camera images, use the 3D Correction feature to optimize them.