Discover how to scan a document in IRIScan Desk. You'll see, it's very easy!
To scan a single page document, follow these steps:
- Click on the Document tab in the Ribbon
- Set the Cropping to 'Automatic'. This instructs the software to search for a single meaningful document in the preview and crop out a good image. Once a meaningful object is detected, you see a green color frame drawn around the document in the preview window, as illustrated in the diagram below. The software will also automatically repair the image edge and remove some undesiredshadows
- Set the Scan Mode to 'Single Page'. This instructs the software to only capture one page of the document and the Export is executed immediately after scanning.
- Set the Output Format to the output format of your choice (.jpg, .pdf, .docx, .xlsx, .txt).
- Set the Image Settings to 'Color (Original)'
- If you selected an output format with text recognition (PDF searchable, Word, Excel, Text), then do select the right Languagefor OCR
- Set the Sort By to 'Serial' or 'Date & Time'
- Click on Scan in the Ribbon. The output file has been exported in the Output Folder pan