IRIScan Desk can scan barcodes and send them to Excel.
To scan barcodes and list the result in an EXCEL+JPG file, follow these steps:
- Click on the Barcode tab in the Ribbon
- Set the Cropping to 'Automatic (multiple)' for generating one single output file per barcode object. ('Automatic' takes onepicture of the grouped barcodes and generates one output file)
- Set the Scan Interval to 'Manual'
- Set the Barcode to 'Barcodes' or 'QR code' depending on the code type.
- Set the Scan for parameter to 'multiple codes'.
- Set the Output Format to 'Excel+JPG'. This instructs the software to export the scanned barcode in an EXCEL file, but also tokeep an image file (you can also select 'Text' options to output the scan result into a text file). A hyperling to the image fileappears in the Excel file.
- Set the Image Settings to 'Color (Original)'.
- Set the Sort by to 'Barcode', 'Serial number', or 'Date & Time'
- Click Scan in the Ribbon.
Multiple images files have been created (one per barcode) in the Output Folder panel, plus an EXCEL file that stores the scanned barcode values